One of clients are transitioning the ongoing development of the platform to a new team and are looking for a senior VB .Net or C# developer to lead both the ongoing development and maintenance of their platform, but also work towards moving to a more modern technology solution. The client is a software products solution provider that serves customers in the Membership Services, Business Services, Events & Leisure, Retail and Payments Solutions industries.
Reporting to and working closely with the Product Director you will be expected to work alongside our existing development team during a knowledge transfer phase. Following this transition of ownership, you will form the core team responsible for developing, testing the new platform to carry our product
• Able to follow industry best practices, coding guidelines and secure development practices
• Documenting technical designs, processes and implementations using flowcharts, sequence diagrams and confluence where relevant
• Understanding and maintaining awareness of technology, software design and development methodology trends
• 3rd line support for software related issues with the production environment where required
• You have strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Work with the Product Director to manage the technical items on the roadmap.
• Ensure the security, performance and reliance meets customer requirements.
• Identify technical debt and plan for this debt to be paid over an agreed period
• Strong experience with the Microsoft technology stack, VB.Net, .Net (C#), ASP.Net (MVC)
• Experienced developing integrations with external data-sources, using REST APIs
• Familiar with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery / Build Automation
• Familiar with unit testing and integration testing
• Advocate of Agile development, and are familiar with industry standard tools such as Jira, Confluence and Microsoft DevOps
• Identify and manage the risk around the delivery of the features, the performance of the team and the revenue/cost metrics; escalate risks as required to the Divisional Director.
• Working with the divisional operations team to support compliance-related activity.
• Support the data capture and reporting processes outlined by the Product Director.
• If an acquisition is made of a company offering related/complimentary products/services, there will be some requirement to support the integration and contribute to the successful commercial transition into the business.
• In some instances, where the acquisition is an asset purchase, responsibility for integrating the acquired team into the existing team and potentially successfully migrating the acquired customers into the existing business.
About you :
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good team player
• Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a senior / lead development role.
• Recognised qualification or evidence of equivalent industry experience
You will join a small team with high flexibility in work pattern as tasks vary day to day. The right candidate will fit in and thrive in this environment. There is good opportunity for career progression with increased exposure to and involvement in the wider group estate as similar re platform projects are undertaken.
Acompetitive benefits package which includes life assurance, private medical cover, income protection, company pension and 25 days annual leave, as well as additional flexible benefits and hybrid-working to suit your lifestyle and enhance your well-being.